Thursday, October 19, 2017

Glam Bags and Birchboxes: October 2017

October is the month where, here in the south, we begin to get a reprieve from the hot days of summer. It's not exactly COOL, but it's not HOT either. There have only been a few days in the 90's, and some days only make it up to the 70's! 

October is also the second month for me to try Birchbox and Ipsy to compare for you. As in last month, there is once again a clear winner in my book. 

Here is my comparison of Birchbox and Ipsy for October. 

Here's what I got in my October Birchbox:

I received
-Oai Rose hair and body oil (smells good, looks great on legs but makes hair look greasy)
-Clarins Multi-Active night cream (smells nice, tiny sample)
-Lipstick Queen lip liner in Nude (I used this with lip gloss on top, and got complimented on the color!)
-Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner (I like how smoothly this goes on! Easy to use, and lasts well)
-Davines LOVE smoothing shampoo (I like how thick the formula is, but it seems to dry out my hair)

I also received two foil packet samples to try:
-Clarins Double serum complete age control concentrate (Yeah... pretty useless stuff... I imagine I'd have to use it regularly before I see if it knocks off a couple decades and makes me look like a 10 year old...)
-Davines LOVE smoothing conditioner (Thick like mud, which is nice to apply, but seemed to dry my hair)

I think this month's box was even worse than last month's. Though I don't usually use lip liner or black eyeliner, I can use it occasionally. The other samples are either too tiny to be of use or things that I just don't care for. I edited my Birchbox profile to say that I'm only 20, so hopefully I won't get so many anti aging things next time! 





Here's what I got in my October Ipsy:

I received
-tarte deluxe lights, camera, action 4-in-1 mascara (I love mascaras!)
-Cute balms vanilla lip balm (smells amazing and it really is cute! This went straight into my purse!)
-Urban Decay 24/7 glide on eye pencil in perversion (For the first time, I was easily able to accomplish the "cat eye!" Unfortunately, this rubs off easily and makes you look like you have a black eye if you accidentally rub your eyes)
-MDM Flow matte lipstick in Retro (This is a pretty pink color, but the lipstick stinks and is sticky)
-Nail Medic charcoal infused nail polish in Lava (This is a nice mild lavender/grey color). 
-Makeup bag (Deep red with a lacy pattern and an adorable bat zipper pull!)

This month there were 3 full sized products once again, and 2 large sample products! The bag is also amazing, and I will use every product, so once again Ipsy is the clear winner over the two subscriptions! 






If you would like to join in the fun, you can look into Ipsy by clicking HERE, or into Birchbox by clicking HERE. Have fun!

Have you ever tried Ipsy or Birchbox? Which is your favorite? 

No comments:

Post a Comment