Wednesday, October 26, 2016

My Testimony in a Nutshell

I know my parents prayed for me even before I was born. When I was 8, my grandmother explained the Gospel to me in a way that "clicked," and I was convicted of my "badness" and asked Jesus to come and help me; to be my Lord and Savior. My dad (who was my pastor) baptized me, and I began this crazy journey of faith. As a teenager missionary kid in Guatemala, I had a crisis of faith and wanted to walk away. But instead God drew me close, and He became more than my Savior. He became my best Friend. Two weeks after graduation from college I began a new adventure called "marriage," and 8 years and 5 children later I can still say that my husband is one of the greatest gifts God has given me. I still stumble in so many ways. But I am not paralyzed by my failures as I once was. Because of the work Jesus did on the cross on my behalf, I know that when God looks at me, He loves me. I am pure. Sure, It's a major hassle to die to myself every day. In fact, I dislike it so much that I spend more time enjoying my sinful state more than seeking to live through the Spirit. But Christ is my All. I am amazed that He chooses to use me; that His strength is made perfect in weakness. Well guess what? My middle name is "Weakness." There is Hope yet for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment